Thursday, March 31, 2011

Little is much when God is in it

Do you remember that song? I grew up in church, pretty much born and raised in it. Our worship services were the bomb! They lasted for what seemed for hours, but I was a kid then so who knows for sure lol? I can still remember the hymns we sang. Sometimes they just pop into my head.  Here's one we sang at church and it goes a little something like this.

Little is much when God is in it
Labour not for wealth or gain
There is a crown and you can win it
If you go in Jesus' name
Sounds a little anti-prosperity doesn't? I don't really think so when you look a little further. I think it was saying not to make an idol out of wealth, gain or success. Don't let it be your everything be kingdom minded! For the real treasure is in heaven and there are souls to be won for Christ. As children of God we are to strive for excellence! I have to confess I have been guilty of not putting my best foot forward in ALL areas of my life. What happened? I wore myself too thin , I forgot to pace myself, to rest enough to exercise enough. To balance it out. I forgot to say NO. I have a right to choose and I had to take some of the power back.
 This morning I wrote...

....Working on doing all things with excellence onto Christ no matter how small it seems or if no one ever sees it! You don't need money, or fame or a reputation to please God and if you are so fortunate to have all those things, much is expected of you!!!!
All you need is what you have RIGHT NOW. Acceptance of Jesus as your savior, a willingness to be molded, a servant heart, humility and love....now Go forth ambassadors!

Scripture that came to me today was:
 All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Why this scripture,? hmmm well I think it was "being equipped for every good work" that got me...again it all ties into what God has given you. We need to STOP comparing ourselves to others, I don't have this or that, I'm not skilled enough, I'm not talented enough or Im too shy. STOP IT right now, yes YOU. Do you not trust God?????  The God who knit YOU in you mother's womb? He gave YOU everything you need, all the talents all the faith, all the people and circumstances in your life that you need right now? Get off your BOOTAY and do what he has called you to do!!! Whether its to pray and intercede for others, to smile at a stranger, to cook food for a friend who's hungry, to anonymously put 5 dollars in someones pocket, to go to the dollars store and pick up a dollar card and write a scripture in it with some xoxo's in it and make someone's day, or to choose NOT to argue with a certain person today *ahem*

You don't have to climb mountains, God wants to use you with the little that you have to do amazingly great things! I have proved him in this time and time again. God has made my life so FULL of joy. Seriously between you and me, from where I was in my heart and mind so broken and torn, only God can do this! I'm not writing this to bring attention to me today. I'm writing this because I know there is someone who really needs to hear this! I can go anywhere and do anything because I have full confidence in God. I am his child. I am a child of the KING. Who says I cant when God says I can!! Seek him, pray, read your Bible, he will speak to you in the little mundane things in life and tell you where you need to be and how you are to serve with joy and gladness. 

For those who have "much" I urge you

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is there your heart will be also.
Im writing with a sense of urgency for the society we live in is so Self -Focusesd and we all including myself have been sucked into the mind trap. Me, me, me and everything is I, I, I, iphone, ipad even iCarly...its all about self-fulfilment and that ugly, nasty thing called self-importance....honestly there should be an i in front of Blackberry for real cause its just as bad. In the midst of playing with our little toys, if were gonna use them (we will) remember to balance it out and make good use of our playtime in everything lets have a kingdom focus! Download some Bible apps, msg a friend, write some uplifting updates and send encouragement...see you can still work around it.Those with financial wealth, and honestly if your living in  Canada, were all rich....just some more than others. Where is your treasure going to be found, what will you invest in?

So before I go on and on ....Ill leave it at  that....whether you have little or much what are you going to do with what you have right now?

Little is much when God is in it.... :)

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Beautiful post, Gail! Very encouraging. It's easy to compare ourselves to others and feel a sense of lack but we must remember that God has equipped us with everything we need to do His Will an bring Him Glory! :) Thanks for the reminder, Gail. Love you! xo