Reading a recent update on my friend's facebook page that stated she's ok and the area in Japan she's visiting wasn't as badly affected by the horrifying 8.9 magnitude earthquake which occurred on March 10th 2011, was indeed a breath of fresh air!! I read so many scriptures in my youth (praise God!) they remained in my memory. The new challenge is to remember where they are in the Bible. I need to drench myself in the word as never before! I need to live it and breathe it! Psalm 27 came to mind. The first two verses reads; The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid? I remembered some bible study advice I had been given before. When you study a passage of scripture its not so much quantity but quality that matters most. Read it more than once and something will stand out to you. I read the whole chapter hungry for more and this is what stood out to me. Psalms 27 v 13-14, I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. ...how wonderful is this! You don't have to wait till you get to the other side to receive God's blessings. Its here waiting for you. Love him, serve him with gladness our Father will not hold back. Just wait on him, he loves lavishly and his timing is perfect! Wait on the Lord...

Comments

Popular Posts