Broken

Broken

This is something only you alone God can do

Only you can fix what is broken...

For I was so broken

millions of pieces

charred and tattered remains

scraping at the surface

barely existing

...on a thread

I called and you reached down and pulled me out of the pit

The ashen lair

Sharp metal prongs swelled up the walls

with no way out

I circled, the chambers crying and confused

every apparent exit was only a deeper pit

pulling me deeper into eternal despair

my ways my actions and thoughts led me there

my was no way out...


I broke down desperate for peace and freedom

any form of relief!



Then I remembered a story from old

of love so enduring and pure, never failing

shivering, I hungered for this love, for the loving arms of my saviour wrapped around me



I knew I had to find a way back

to you

So I searched for that familiar voice those familiar words

I cried out for help

and the walls started chipping, cracks began to form

dust flew all around me

until I was able to get my hand through

before me was a tiny opening, beyond it was a light that shone on gently glowing and warm



I called out for I knew from whence my help cometh and soon felt his arm

I knew it was my heavenly father, reaching out to me

I hesitated...

What was on the other side? new choices new decisions, a new life so much unknown

I knew it had to be better than the pit I was in

My father was waiting

Fear gripped me
 
He whispered gently...Come my child. I have plans for you plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future...I will bring you back from captivity (Jeremiah 29 11-14)
 
The shackles of my mind loosened, the chains of doubt and fear fell to the ground!!
In you alone I trust oh God, your love is without measure, you want the very best for me. You mean no harm.
I leaned on the walls and they crumbled.. On the other side was my saviour smiling with arms wide open.
Welcoming me home.

Comments

Popular Posts